As a Writer and Poet, I write about celebrating the human
My Mission Statement: "To publish writing that inspires humanity to live
out their passionate, sacred, authentic lives." A lifelong resident of
Connecticut, I have published hundreds of articles throughout New England and
nationally, as a freelance writer and journalist.
Niantic Community Church, Niantic, CT
January 1, 2008 –Present
- Serving the member needs of a congregation while supporting its extensive ministries
- Successfully kept this vibrant faith community "in the news" through communications, marketing and publicity of programs, events and newsworthy accomplishments
- Developed and facilitated creative programs for spiritual enrichment for members as well as the wider community
- Coordinating new member acquisition and member care
Freelance Writer Mystic, CT
1995 – Present
Published freelance articles in local, regional and national publications which have included Cape Cod Magazine, Connecticut Magazine, High Roller, The Hour, Grace Magazine and most recently, Pathfinder: A Companion Guide for the Widow/er's Journey.
- Features writer for Pathfinder: A Companion Guide for the Widow/er's Journey
- Regular contributor to Connecticut Business Magazine, Executive Lifestyle section
- Written on a variety of topics including human interest, business, real estate, arts, spirituality, nature, travel and personality profiles
- Marketing and publicity for small business and non-profit organizations
- Freelance features writer of Volunteer Spotlights for the weeklies of Sun Publishing, as well as features writer for special publications of The Day Publishing.
Publishing, Westerly, RI
May 2006 to January 2012
- Weekly Columnist for The Mystic River Press
- Reporter for The Mystic River Press covering news, features and events
- Promoted to Features Writer for all four weeklies of Sun Publishing including The Westerly Pawcatuck Press, The Charlestown Press and Wood River Press
- Generated story ideas within a team environment with Editors
- Proofreading, copy editing, and planning for each issue
- Completed hundreds of interviews
Various locations throughout CT and RI
2007 - Present
- Planning and implementation of “Creating a Writing Life” workshops and retreats
- Marketing and development
- Creating a safe, supportive environment for emerging writers
- Managing all aspects of event planning including venue, meals, scheduling, speakers and finance management
- Led groups of emerging writers to develop the ability to pursue their craft through “Creating a Writing Life” workshops.
"I want to thank
you very much, for such a fantastic article you wrote. . .
I'm sure you've heard
it before . . . you are a great writer!"
S.B. Exeter RI
"I just wanted to tell you how much I
appreciate your articles every week. It is the first thing I look for when I
get my Mystic River Press paper. I wanted to thank you for your weekly
- H.C. Mystic, CT